Tuesday, August 23rd, 2011 was our first annual Chalk the Walks! It was a smashing success with international participation. Photos began to be posted in the middle of the night Pacific Time from Holland, then the East Coast of the USA and on into the evening from our West Coast chalkers.
Here in Vancouver, Washington, a bunch of people joined The Joy Team and Be The Gift out at Esther Short Park from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm and helped up chalk positive messages all the way around the park.
We compiled as many photos as we could on our Facebook page. Take a look at them whenever your spirits need a little lift.
Here’s some of the media we received:
- KATU 2: Who knew a little chalk art could make folks so happy?August 23, 2011 (watch the news clip)
- The Columbian: Happiness, cheer, inspiration colorfully drawn on pavement August 23, 2011 The Columbian’s photo gallery of the event
- Peninsula Daily News: Messages of hope chalked up on Port Townsend steps today August 23, 2011
- Ode Exchange: Sharing optimism and joy with sidewalk chalkAugust 16, 2011
- The Daily Insider: “Chalk the Walks” to spread positive messageAugust 13, 2011
- Clark County Live: Discover the Magical Power of Sidewalk Chalk August 8, 2011